BettingJobs are working with an online casino business who are seeking to expand their team with the addition of a VP of Software Engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements and deliver a consistent experience for users. They will be managing an entire team of developers, collaborating with the product managers, as well as helping to guide the company’s product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards.
• As a leader, you will play a key role within the Engineering organisation as a thought leader and champion of best practices in the software development area.
• Manages and promotes good working relationships across cross-functional teams.
• A focus on continuous improvement and feedback to the business.
• Regular reporting across the business on projects in flight.
• This is a supervisor position, which is responsible for managing and directing the software engineering team.
• Develop/mentor staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees.
• Engage in the sprints.
• Collaborate with the Director of QA and other stakeholders such as the product team to ensure delivery of high-quality features.
• Works with cross-department leadership to ensure delivery of high-quality products on schedule.
• Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team.
• Know how to recruit and develop top engineering talent.
• Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
• Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
• Advocate for technology on items like tech debt.
• Work with 3rd parties as part of an integration team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• The position requires strong communication skills and will include work across multiple teams and time zones.
• 10+ years of Software Engineering experience.
• 7-10 years of experience managing a software engineering team and experience building, growing, mentoring those teams.
• Experience planning and executing end to end software development.
• A proven track record of using Jira and working in a Sprint based environment.
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority efforts in parallel while ensuring the highest quality.
• Strong analytical, organisational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Industry experience is preferred (although not a must) ideally with experience of a real time event driven server architecture and the interaction with an underlying data warehouse as well as a web/app-based client.
• Experience working with 3rd parties for API based integrations.