BettingJobs are working with an established sportsbook and casino operator who are looking to add Director of Player Experience to their team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Directors of Product Development and Architecture to identify and evaluate opportunities for product experience enhancements, as well as providing expert guidance and support for strategic and complex initiatives. They will also work closely with UX experts across the organisation to establish best practices, ensure alignment in the UX and UI across the different verticals, and to support the growth of UX talent in the organisation.
• Define and champion user centric design strategies and best practices in the organisation.
• Drive new thinking in the organisation and stay well informed on the latest user experience trends.
• Support the wider organisation as a reference point and subject matter expert.
• Own and drive the implementation of effective design system(s) across the product offering (both customer facing and back office) with the purpose of ensuring consistency in the UX and to facilitate improved product development efficiency.
• Champion and ensure the establishment of an effective UX research function that (i) continuously produces insights through user research that can be translated into new ideas and opportunities to deliver an industry leading UX, and (ii) supports the needs of the product development teams, for example in evaluating new concepts and new product launches.
• Ensure the establishment and effective functioning of a UX guild to foster the sharing of ideas, experience, knowledge, and best practices.
• Work closely with the Director of Product Development and the Director of Architecture on the formulation of product strategies and product experience enhancements, and for evaluating new opportunities as may arise.
• In collaboration with the Director of Product Development and relevant stakeholders, devise and drive the adoption of new approaches and ways of working that facilitate the continuous monitoring, understanding and optimisation of user journeys and the product experience.
• Take an active, hands-on role in project teams working on complex and strategic initiatives, providing expert guidance and support from a UX perspective.
• Work closely with the branding and creative teams to support and optimise the implementation of branding and creatives in the product.
• 8+ years of product design experience working on digital, consumer facing products.
• 5+ years of product design experience with B2C gaming operators, having worked across multiple product disciplines (gaming, payments, compliance, acquisition and retention).
• 2+ years leading a product design and / or UX research team.
• Hands on experience with information architecture, storyboards, prototyping, user journey mapping, and empathy mapping.
• Experience contributing to a design system or pattern design library.
• Deep understanding of design and usability best practices.
• Deep understanding of user research techniques, tools, and best practices.
• Strong understanding of how to use metrics and data in product design.
• Comfortable working with agile development teams.
• Prior working experience with Figma is a must, familiarity with HotJar and Miro would be advantageous.