BettingJobs are working with a game development studio formed by an international group of professionals and game enthusiasts with broad experience in mobile, play to earn casual game development and slot games who are currently looking to add a Senior Game Mathematician to their team.
• Define the portfolio and product strategy and roadmap for upcoming games together with key stakeholders.
• Will have ownership of the roadmap and ensure all stakeholders are informed and aligned with the company product strategy.
• Innovating, you will be thinking and creating new mechanics and designs to entertain the players.
• You will be working with different teams and people to help create the next generation of leading games.
• Conceptualising and implementing game designs and creating mathematical models that align with defined constraints and exhibit predetermined behavioural characteristics.
• Communicating and ensuring the implementations are aligned with the game designs.
• Implement the configurations for the game modes using the frameworks and tools.
• Execute simulations of specific game features are created to supplement the theoretical calculation.
• Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved.
• Review games and feedback to the team as they are implemented to ensure that they reflect the correct math model and make adjustments as needed during development to create world class math models.
• Analyse performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends.
• Analyse games performance post launch and provide insights about customers behaviour.
• You have a drive and a strong sense of ownership, to follow through on all tasks as required. You are communicative and team oriented with the necessary social skills to manage a team.
• You organise ‘design thinking’ processes in a way in which everyone can be creative. You have the ability to separate good game ideas from the great ones!
• Slot machine game mathematical design, primarily focused on slots and has led and executed the design of previous successful games in the market.
• Has designed, or been involved in the design, of 20+ games with a wide variety of machine types and math models.
• Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Proven track record of developing successful game concepts. Previously delivered top performing slot games for land based or online companies.
• An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spreadsheets.
• Worked with programming teams to create or adapt simulation programs.
• Knowledge of Rust programming language is a plus.
• Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics.
• Has knowledge of object-oriented program design.
• Has a long-standing passion for playing games of multiple genres, and passion in slots and casino games.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English.