BettingJobs are currently recruiting for a Trader (Football) for a leading operator based in Malta.
• Reporting directly to the Head of Football.
• Pre-event and in-play trading of the football product.
• Manage liabilities and risk management across a diverse range of betting markets.
• Deliver an industry leading betting product operating in regulated and non-regulated markets.
• Ability to study, execute & critique a dynamic trading strategy.
• Odds compilation of specials & novelty markets on top of a standard betting offer
• Able to understand and augment automated provider trading.
• Carry out appropriate research and analysis of trading activity and improve trading performance.
• Liaise with other internal teams and department: marketing, VIP, customer services.
• Prompt and accurate settlement of markets as and when required.
• Monitor and analyse customer activity, reporting to the Client Risk Management team.
• Handling of any technical or settlement issues, or any other incidents affecting company trading.
• You have trading experience (essential) – minimum 5 years in a sportsbook role (preferably football).
• You have good knowledge of football (events/teams/players) and football betting markets.
• You have an understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and betting principles.
• You are able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
• You have experience using 3rd party trading providers.
• You have strong mathematical skills and good analytical/statistical skills.
• You are organised and competent at multi-tasking.
• You are able to challenge ideas and approaches.
• You have a good English language skills and excellent communication skills.
• You have sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Excel).
• You have a high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically, and logically under pressure.
• You are able to work in a team or act alone when required.
• You have an ambitious & versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry.
• You are target driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude.