BettingJobs are working with a well-established B2B iGaming/sportsbook platform provider who focus on targeting the LATAM region who are looking to add a Head of Legal & Compliance to their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates according to the highest legal, and compliance standards for a B2B Supplier and will provide legal support and advice across various departments and entities. This position will form part of the Malta based legal and compliance team.
• Direct Contact with various aspects of the business for day-to-day contractual reviews, negotiations, and drafting including: Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality Agreements, Software Platform Agreements, Games Agreements, Live Casino, Data and Sports Agreements & Data Processing Agreements.
• Using standard contract templates to prepare/agree to other agreements (e.g., Service Terms and Conditions, subcontracts, consultancy, agency, and reseller agreement)
• Checking terms of standard agreements against Company policy and terms of standard forms.
• Amendments to/extension of existing agreements including novation’s and addenda.
• Management of renewal/extension dates and related negotiation timetable.
• Advising the organization: (i) on appropriate compliance measures in order to comply with B2B licenses in Malta and Curacao; (ii) on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions and negotiating with counterparty legal, commercial, and procurement teams; (iii) legal and regulatory developments for core markets.
• Management of existing policies: keeping these reviewed and updated once each year together with the respective policy owners.
• Compliance with policies and directive issued by the MGA affecting the B2B license held.
• Prep and research for presentation of legal issues to management together with analysis, options, and recommendations.
• Working as a team with other legal and compliance members of the team; and
• Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required.
• Juris Doctor with 4+ years of experience
• Experience with other MGA licensees (B2B).
• Licensed to practice law in Malta or at least one European jurisdiction.
• Good knowledge of gaming law and regulations, corporate and commercial law, and data protection law considered.
• Good understanding of compliance in western Europe and LATAM
• Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams.
• Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks and proactively choosing the best solutions.