BettingJobs are currently seeking a Misc. Sports Trading and Operations Manager for a leading Sportsbook based in St Albans to assist in the company’s continued growth.
Misc. Sports here includes Tennis, Darts, Snooker, Motorsports, Boxing/UFC as well as any not covered by any of the existing trading teams that third parties services are used to trade or otherwise.
• Pricing and trading Misc. Sports events.
• Creating the best possible level of Misc. Sports trading service by releasing prices early and keeping in-play markets live wherever possible.
• Contributing to the wider level of service provided by creating and managing bespoke prices outside of standard live events or trading events on other sports. Ensuring all Misc. Sports queries and resettlements are dealt with in a timely manner, as well as managing referrals and positions in other trader’s events where appropriate.
• Assisting the Customer Services Team by dealing with escalated queries that come in on your event/sport and helping to provide an excellent telephone betting service.
• Creating the most accurate prices possible and optimizing the bet value to revenue conversion rates by using the best possible pricing and trading techniques. Seeking guidance from more experienced traders to improve this wherever possible.
• Monitoring liabilities and moving prices based on new information, shrewd client trades and competitor market moves.
• Accurately building and settling markets and booking telephone bets, ensuring mistakes are kept to a minimum.
• Sharing helpful and insightful knowledge on shrewd client betting behaviour with the Client Analysis Team. Helping the Client Analysis Team with their review workload where necessary and appropriate.
• Making intelligent judgment decisions with regard to referred bets when shrewd clients trade on events.
• Ensuring the Sports BI Team get the support they need to improve the model and app development by proactively logging bugs with clear descriptions and by personally undertaking (or delegating responsibility for) testing of new app releases.
• Ensuring all junior traders get the training and development help they need to help them achieve the highest standards by undertaking training personally or delegating this responsibility to others in the team.
• Ensuring that all Misc. Sports events are covered by traders of appropriate skill levels by either completing the Misc. Sports rota personally or delegating this responsibility to others in the team.
• Ensuring that third parties are being used in a cost-effective manner to optimise the level of service. Ensuring day to day oversight of these services is managed effectively and communicating with third parties where necessary to achieve this. Liaising with the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product on the longer-term strategic approach to using these services.
• Ensuring all Misc. Sports events and markets are appearing correctly on all thhe trading platforms.
• Assisting the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product in the hiring process for new Misc. Sports traders.
• Undertaking day to day personal line-management issues for all members of the Misc. Sports Team including dealing with sickness, holiday, paternity leave or any performance related issues. Liaising with the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product and HR on these issues where necessary.
• Assisting the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product in the end of year performance review process for all Misc. Sports Traders. Liaising with the Heads on bonus allocation decisions for team members. Undertaking appraisals and writing up appraisal notes for traders and junior traders. Working alongside the Heads to do the same for Senior Traders.
• You will hold a strong degree preferably in a quantitative subject.
• Have experience working and leading within a sports betting environment.
• Passionate about Sports and possess an extensive knowledge in all aspects of the sport.
• Work to a very high level and remain calm in a pressured environment.
• Very numerate with a sharp betting/trading brain.
• Be prepared to work early/late shifts to tie in with when racing is taking place.