BettingJobs are working with a very well-established iGaming company who are currently looking for a Junior Application Support Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and overall support of the Linux estate with a smaller responsibility for the Windows estate. It will involve proactively monitoring and investigating issues ranging from within testing environments up to production machines. This role does require on-call/shift work on a rotation basis.
• Install, configure and maintain applications, services, servers and environments
• Proactive analysis and pre-emptive incident reduction by means of monitoring/trend analysis
• Development, deployment, tuning and upgrade of applications and services
• Ensuring best practice security to maintain compliant status
• Utilising new products to give the best possible solution to issues
• Supporting internal users and external parties/clients
• Competent Unix/Linux skills. Preferred Debian/Ubuntu
• Experience with: Bash, SQL, PHP
• Knowledge or familiarity with: Ruby, Groovy, Node.JS. Beneficial Java/C++
• Working knowledge of Apache/Nginx, HAProxy.
• Working knowledge of Nagios, Grafana, or Prometheus or similar monitoring tools
• Experience of Log management/aggregation tools. Preferably Graylog/ElasticSearch.
• Knowledge of Config Management tools. Preferably Chef or Ansible
• Knowledge of Continuous integration tools. Preferably Jenkins.
• Source Repository Management e.g. Git/SVN.
• BSc in computer science (or relevant alternative) OR
• 1 year of commercial experience within a similar role
• Experience or knowledge of Nomad/Kubernetes/Azure
• Experience or knowledge of the following technologies: Bash, SQL, PHP, Ruby, Groovy, Node.JS
• Database experience. (Postgres/MSSQL)
• Experience or knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies (VMware, HyperV, Citrix)
• Experience or knowledge of containerisation Technologies (Docker, LXC)
• Experience in Networking (Cisco, F5, CloudFlare)
• Willing to travel to offices abroad if required (infrequent)
None Technical Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of Gambling and Betting
• Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
• Information Privacy
• Information Regulatory Compliance (GDPR, Regional Authorities)
• Information Risk Management
• Information Security & Information Assurance
• Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to produce work to a high standard irrespective of deadlines
• Ability to work on/learn bespoke systems
• Desire to learn about new technologies and trends within the industry
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level