One of BettingJobs' clients is looking for a talented Senior Legal Counsel, to be based in their London office, to join their award-winning Commercial Legal team as part of the company’s continued growth. You will be joining a team of nearly 30 people split across London and Stockholm, helping to provide commercial support to the business globally.
The role will primarily involve the drafting and negotiation of key commercial contracts with customers and suppliers but can also extend into areas such as IP, data protection, corporate, employment and dispute resolution, depending on the nature of the successful candidate’s experience and interests. The role will also involve developing and supporting more junior members of the team.
Ideally you’ll have:
• 5-8 years PQE
• A wealth of experience of complex commercial transactions, preferably with direct engagement with in-house stakeholders in the provision of strategic advice; negotiation experience in relation to the same
• Experience in other key areas, such as IP, corporate and/or dispute
• Excellent academics and private practice training; in-house experience (including via secondments) preferred
• Ability to analyse commercial or corporate issues, provide succinct solutions and to present those solutions in an appropriate manner for stakeholders
• Confidence in analysing and providing advice on areas of law falling outside of formal experience (e.g. employment or alternate jurisdictions) through the application of generic commercial law principles
You will like working for our client’s legal team if you:
• Thrive in a friendly and supportive but high-paced work environment;
• Are curious and take the initiative by looking at new ways of doing things, while knowing when to ask for support or guidance;
• Have the ability to appreciate the commercial and legal needs of the business;
• Are passionate, innovative and resourceful; and
• Have high expectations of yourself and your peers.