BettingJobs is working with an investment and advisory firm specialising in i-gaming, who are currently looking to add an experienced Legal Counsel to their team in Malta.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal support and guidance on various matters, including structuring, intellectual property (IP),, compliance, data protection, and B2B commercial agreements.
• Provide expert legal advice and guidance on matters related to venture investments, structuring, and due diligence.
• Advise on intellectual property issues, including trademark registrations, licensing agreements, and enforcement strategies.
• Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of legal agreements, including investment agreements, shareholder agreements, and commercial contracts.
• Ensure all legal documents and agreements are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
• Assisting portfolio companies with drafting, negotiating and reviewing of commercial contracts and agreements;
• Supporting the portfolio companies with ad hoc advice as may be necessary;
• Overseeing contractual obligations and maintaining contractual and regulatory relations;
• Identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and assisting in the creation and implementation of solutions;
• Liaising with external advisors and regulatory authorities;
• Law degree
• Experience in a similar, contracts-focused role in the iGaming industry
• Ability to explain complex information clearly and concisely
• High level of attention to detail
• Works independently and requires little supervision
• Clear communicator, fluent in English