Betting Jobs are working with an established sportsbook/iGaming platform provider who have offices in Malta, London and Sofia. They are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join their Malta office.
The IT Support Specialist provides technical support for a full range of business technology, including computer systems (hardware and software), network infrastructure, telecommunications circuits, mobile devices, telephone systems, and audio-visual equipment. S/he must be able to independently assess a reported problem or failure using diagnostic methods and tools, determine the likely cause and take appropriate action to resolve the problem in a timely manner. Often collaborating with other resources (both internal and external), the IT Support Specialist must understand system interdependencies and avoid unintentional interruption of services during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Maintains various Policy and procedure documents.
• Provides first-call resolution or triage for all calls.
• Provides reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management summary, KPIs and detailed performance reports.
• Ensures accurate logging incidents, service requests, access requests and changes.
• Ensures that for every call and/or reported event a ticket is created in both a timely and accurate manner. This one call/one ticket method provides effective tracking of all incidents and service requests. In the cases where a single incident has affected multiple users, this method of creating a ticket for each reported instance and attaching it to a master ticket will allow for impact analysis on the outage.
• Ensures updates to the Knowledge Base (KB) with all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution is made.
• Utilizes the KB and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end-users technical problems and provide information and status as requested.
• Completes initial diagnosis and progress all issues in a timely fashion to meet customer SLAs, resolving the incidents wherever possible.
• Escalates tickets to the appropriate Specialists if required.
• Forward tickets/requests to 3rd party suppliers where necessary and manage progress of these through to closure.
• Monitors Risks, Issues, Action Logs and Dependencies.
• Ability to prioritise under pressure.
• Manages service desk mailbox and VPN accounts.
• Repairing and replacing equipment if necessary
• Manages analyst performance on a monthly basis with a focus on adherence to SLA achievement, customer focus, proactive problem solving and incident avoidance, and expected telephony occupancy.
• Works with other engineers to resolve incidents.
• Any other tasks or projects assigned by the Corporate IT and managers.
• Provide occasional out of hours support.
• Testing new technologies
• Install and configure wireless APs, routers, switches, printers, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
• Mid-level or more experience with Microsoft Azure, Active Directory and Office365.
• Mid-level or more experience with Atlassian products like the Jira and Confluence
• Knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
• Understanding of Networking technologies and concepts.
Basic experience with firewalls (Fortigate&Sophos)
Basic experience with cabling. (Replacing connectors like RJ45 etc.)
• Use of System’s monitoring tools
• Familiar with Windows and macOS Operating Systems
• Technical compliance experience
• Cash Car Allowance
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Annual Wellness Benefit of Eur300.00 per annum