BettingJobs is working with a successful B2C casino operator who are looking for a Legal Counsel. This role is based in Malta within their offices. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
The main purpose is for the Legal Counsel is to aid Management and ensure full and overall adherence to legal compliance in all areas of the business. The role also calls for assurance that business operations are carried out in accordance to the best possible legal practice in various jurisdictions, and room for risk is minimised.
We will entrust you with the following responsibilities:
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Give accurate and timely counsel to management executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc…)
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications as required
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Presentation of legal issues to management executives together with analysis, options, and recommendations
• To cooperate with external legal counsel on crucial issues and complaints of the Company, as well as to monitor their activities, including when interests of the Company are represented in court
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
• Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required from time to time to fulfil the business needs
The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list and as such additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; The scope of the job may also be subject to change as necessitated by business demand.
• Possess a Doctorate of Laws or a Legal Degree; Master considered an asset;
• At least 4 years' experience as a lawyer including in litigation.
• Good knowledge of corporate and commercial law; real estate, employment and data protection law considered an asset.
• Very good command of the English language, written and spoken (other language/s an advantage).
• Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams.
• Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks and proactively choosing the best solutions
• Exciting opportunity to be part of and have an impact on the creation of a new and innovative brand on the market
• Attractive remuneration package including health insurance and gym membership
• An international work environment with an engaged, driven & professional team
• Great & modern office space in Ta’Xbiex close to all amenities and to one of Malta's sought-after marinas
• Subject to a satisfactory Employment Background Check