This role can be based in either Athens or Lisbon, or remotely in the EU with 1 week/month travel to Athens.
As the Manager of Risk, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the company's risk management activities. You will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and managing the risks associated with the company's operations, including technical risks related to gaming/betting systems and platforms. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading a team of risk management professionals and ensuring that the company's risk management practices are in line with industry standards, latest trends and regulations.
• Risk Management: Develop risk models and implement risk management strategies that align with the company's objectives and comply with industry regulations. You will need to provide innovative thinking by leveraging industry knowledge, relevant tools and 3rd parties that can enhance risk management.
• Technical Expertise: You will need to be a technical expert in gaming/betting systems and platforms to identify, assess, and manage technical risks associated with these systems.
• Team Management: You will be leading a team of risk management professionals and ensuring that they have the necessary skills and resources to perform their job effectively, and ensure they have the platform needed in order to conduct fraud investigations and deal with suspected fraudsters with the goal of safeguarding the business and its customers from financial or other type of fraud.
• Compliance: Ensure that the company's risk management practices are in line with industry standards and regulations.
• Reporting: You will be responsible for reporting on risk management activities to senior management and other stakeholders, by producing clear and well-presented analysis of all aspects of risk management. You will also offer insights with regards to the drivers behind market/product performance and their implications.
• Deep understanding of gaming/betting systems and platforms, including their technical components and associated risks
• Strong risk management skills, ability to identify and assess risks, develop risk management strategies, and implement risk controls.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to lead a team of professionals and collaborate effectively with other departments.
• Strong data and analytical skills combined identifying trends, and making informed decisions based on data analysis that can translate to informed business decisions.
• Understanding of industry regulations and compliance requirements related to risk management in the gaming/betting industry.
• Adaptability: You must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.