BettingJobs are working with a leading iGaming service provider who are now seeking a Money Laundering Reporting Officer to join their team.
The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to review and analyse any internal reports of unusual or suspicious transactions and, where necessary, follow up the same by filing a STR with the relevant FIAU in the jurisdiction in which they operate.
• Ensure compliance with the regulatory framework and responsibilities.
• Act in the capacity of Sanctions Officer and demonstrates knowledge of the Sanctions Monitoring Board (SMB) Guidelines.
• Follow-up and respond to requests made by authorities including the FIAU and other FIUs.
• Assess whether authorisation should be obtained for the suspension of a suspicious transaction from the FIAU or other relevant FIU.
• Liaise with the relevant authorities and the police to investigate suspicious activity.
• Review received internal reports to verify all relevant information, to define if information contained in reports give rise to suspicion that a client may have been, is, or may be engaged in money laundering or the funding of terrorism.
• Reporting external suspicious activity and/or recording reasons for not reporting suspicious activity.
• Support the Fraud and Payments, Legal, Regulatory Compliance team with ad hoc projects as required.
• Maintain records of internal and external reports and taking adequate action and maintain records of reasons for submission/non-submission.
• Provide AML/CFT training and ensuring that the Company's employees are trained to become aware of the legal provisions concerning the prevention of money laundering and funding of terrorism.
• Receive internal reports or disclosures of suspicious transactions, deciding whether these should be reported to the competent authorities and if appropriate, making such external reports.
• Ensuring that another qualified employee deputizes during temporary unavailability as a designated employee.
• Advise senior management and the Board of Directors on ML suspicions and provide clear guidelines and ways forward in relation to the application of the AML framework.
• Report to the Board of Directors.
• Previous proven experience as an MLRO in iGaming with a strong background working within an AML function.
• Personal management license issued by the FIAU in Malta (not later than two years ago), will be considered as a big advantage.
• Relevant AML/CFT qualifications also considered as a big advantage.
• Expertise knowledge of the 6th Money Laundering Directive, as well as the MLRO and the Maltese Proceeds of Crime Act.
• Assertive approach while prioritizing the best interests of the Company.
• Great mature interpersonal communication skills, able to build relationships at every level of Organization.
• Able to work in a dynamic environment and embraces change.