Our client is seeking to recruit a Head of Legal and Compliance to join their team. The position will be based in Malta and will report to the board of directors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Creating, implementing, administering, enforcing operational policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
• Keeping abreast of developments in applicable laws and regulations;
• Advising group stakeholders on mitigating legal and regulatory risks in all jurisdictions in which the companies operate in or from;
• Developing and promoting compliant responsible gambling practices across the business;
• Managing regulatory reporting processes, coordinating regulatory audits and liaising with authorities;
• Ensuring compliance with applicable AML and CFT laws;
• Updating, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing customer/affiliate terms and conditions, and advising on any disputes;
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiate contracts with suppliers;
• Contract management;
• Assisting with changes to the group’s corporate structure from time to time;
• Advising on data protection and privacy matters and assisting the group’s DPO with the discharge of his responsibilities where required;
• Leading regulatory licensing applications;
• Reviewing marketing-related material to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
• Leading the group’s IP and IP protection strategy as required;
• Working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, including the finance department, C-level stakeholders and external counsel;
• Managing external legal services;
• Managing regulatory and corporate reporting;
• Assisting with opening and closing of bank accounts.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a lawyer with a minimum of 7 years’ post-qualification experience working in-house and/or within a reputable law firm;
• Be a good project manager and an excellent communicator with proven interpersonal skills;
• Show outstanding leadership skills to lead a dynamic team;
• Be proficient in business English;
• Have excellent drafting skills;
• Be of the utmost integrity.
Working knowledge of the German language is desirable but not essential.