BettingJobs are working with a successful online sportsbook and casino operator who are looking for an eSports Data Scientist based in Toronto. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
About the role:
As an eSports Data Scientist, the candidate will be responsible for the collecting, storing, cleaning, analysing, visualizing, interpreting and modelling data relevant to eSports in order to recognize patterns and trends in betting markets.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Statistics/Economics or related study
· Expertise in R and other statistical programming languages (minimum 3 years)
· Experience in Frequentist and Bayesian Statistical methods
· Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, Probabilistic models, and other statistical modelling approaches
· Strong knowledge in major eSports titles such as CSGO, DOTA2, LoL, Valorant
· Experience with modern R packages such as dplyr, ggplot2, data table
· Experience in front-end R technologies for data products such as ShinyR, FlexDashboards
· Ability to write complex SQL queries
· Good Software Engineering Design Principles, such as Design Patterns
· Cloud Computing experience desirable
· Some Python experience desirable
· An environment passionate about growth and learning
· Competitive salary with bonus
· Fitness subsidy program
· Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who has strong passion for working with data, data science, eSports and eSports data. Thorough understanding and passion for sports and sports betting markets preferred.