BettingJobs are currently seeking a Quantitative Analyst to join an established iGaming companies in-house modelling team. The purpose of the role is to develop, and conduct statistical analysis of, human-interpretable predictive models for a cricket prediction pipeline.
• Have a deep understanding of the data, its limitations and meaning, including the investigation of data validity
• Uncover trends in multiple sports datasets
• Build and maintain data-driven predictive models
• Research and apply novel modelling techniques
• Build and maintain model validation metrics to regularly track performance
• Have awareness of the limitations of any model output
• Have an understanding of statistical robustness and validity.
• A keen interest in cricket, especially limited overs cricket
• Experience using advanced statistics and modelling techniques – preferably in sports field
• PhD or equivalent industry experience with data
• Strong programming skills, with a preference for (but not limited to) Matlab, Python and R
• A track record of using data to solve complex problems
• A knowledge and interest in sport will be helpful
• Experience working with cloud computing (desirable).
• Previous experience working with cricket data
• Experience working with event-based Monte Carlo simulations