The trading systems team is a cross-disciplinary group that acts as a hub between trading, development, and business operations. The team is responsible for validating that trading systems are operational and meeting service demand effectively - both internally and for external partners. Team members are expected to coordinate and react efficiently to triage a wide spectrum of technical and operational issues, then document and describe those issues to make them more accessible for Developers and Research and Development (RnD) purposes. The team identifies and gauges issue severity utilizing a variety of telemetry tools, automated reporting systems, and interaction with Trading and Operations staff.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for making sure trading systems are up and running and acting correctly.
• Liaise with trading and development/RnD when business requires new products and bring them online.
• Interact with trading and development when handling and following up on trading issues.
• Expand the scope of products handled by the trading systems.
• Capture traders needs so they can handle more products.
• Assess and prioritize trading issues based on urgency and importance.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong analytic, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills to facilitate coordination between Operational and Technological teams.
• Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes.
• Ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously.
• Initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Science or Economics.
• Experience from sports Betting or Trading
• Experience using ticket systems like JIRA, Zendesk
• Query language knowledge; SQL, Splunk, ELK