BettingJobs are working with a successful online sportsbook and casino operator who are looking for a Trading Platform Specialist. They are looking for someone to work within their offices in Toronto but would consider someone remotely in Canada. Get in touch today for a confidential discussion.
About the Role:
As a Sportsbook Platform Specialist you will collaborate closely with a team of expert Software Developers in order to help solve large and small scale problems for our users both internal and external. You will be working in a critical role applying your knowledge of Sports, Betting, and Technology to maintain and improve upon our client’s market-leading Sportsbook.
You will report to the Head of Sportsbook Delivery and assess the needs of our business and users in order to provide priorities and requirements for the Software Development team. You will work closely with our technology experts in order to devise solutions that are appropriate, functional and satisfactory. Once the specifications have been agreed upon you will work with the development team in an iterative, agile manner taking projects from ideation through testing and production release and maintenance phases.
You will manage a portfolio of services that contribute to the greater Sportsbook functionality. You will be the resident expert on your services and their users. You will communicate with stakeholders from various parts of the business about feature requests and bug fixes and decide upon the feasibility and prioritization of those changes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Understand complex User and Business needs in the Sports Betting domain and communicate them clearly in written documents and verbal discussions and presentations
• Define What Software should be built, not How it is built – collaborate with our technology experts in order to solve business needs
• Track ongoing tasks, projects and priorities using Jira backlog management tools in order to deliver the highest value items when they are needed
• Coordinate product development with other teams within the Sportsbook in order to meet larger project goals and timelines
• Analyze User needs and design the optimal solutions, even if it isn’t exactly the feature that was requested
• Test, analyze and iterate on software until it is ready for production at scale
• Monitor and analyze data using SQL and Splunk reporting and alerting functionalities
• Be the face of the service – the person everyone in the Sportsbook knows that they can go to if there is an issue or need a feature
• Communicate with B2B providers and consumers
Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong creative and analytical skills. Able to analyze complex problems and break them down into manageable solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to lead without direct authority.
• Able to manage projects, work with deadlines and change priorities as necessary.
• Knowledge of and interest in a wide variety of Sports and Betting markets is a big plus
• Curiosity – an ongoing interest in learning why things are the way they are and if they can be improved upon
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in Financial or Sports Betting Industry – working, betting or trading.
• Experience working with enterprise level software
• Experience managing software projects or products
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field
• Experience using ticket systems like JIRA or Zendesk
• Experience writing SQL queries and/or with log aggregation services like Splunk or Datadog