BettingJobs are working with a successful sportsbook and casino operator whoa re looking for a Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer to be based in London or Malta (hybrid approach).
The client are currently looking for a Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer in London or Malta. Reporting to the Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager, the Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the ongoing management of the company’s existing gaming licenses across
Europe, North America and Curacao. The role will support the regulatory compliance team in the further development of the regulatory framework within the business, the ongoing monitoring of the internal controls environment, and key business projects and initiatives.
We are looking for a motivated, self-starting candidate, with proven organisation skills and attention to detail, to join the Regulatory Compliance Team. The candidate should have demonstrable experience of the essential skills listed below, and will be expected to assume the following responsibilities and duties:
• Assist with the supervision, coordination and coaching of the regulatory compliance officers. Oversee the completion of the compliance officer’s deliverables, providing guidance and feedback to ensure high quality outputs are delivered to agreed timescales.
• Lead on the coordination, completion and timely delivery of all regulatory reporting and notification requirements across the licenses the company holds. Manage the communication of key regulatory dates with business stakeholders, and ensure regulatory roadmaps are maintained.
• Perform ongoing monitoring of internal controls, and support the Senior Manager in the further development of the controls monitoring framework.
• Work with the management team to develop a compliance self-service portal to support operational teams in meeting regulatory requirements, and to share relevant knowledge and information.
• Support the coordination and completion of internal and external audits, liaising with stakeholders in the business to obtain the required audit evidences, whilst efficiently tracking progress and status.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of three years’ experience working within the gambling industry in a regulatory compliance role. Additional post graduate or continued education (e.g. ICA, ACAMS, IRM, ILM qualified) is desirable.
• Demonstrable experience working with gaming regulations in Europe, ongoing management of regulatory reporting, regulatory requests and notifications.
• Fluency in English language both written and verbal; fluency in a second language such as Italian, Spanish or Portuguese would be advantageous.
• Excellent time management and workload prioritisation skills with the ability to deliver high quality
deliverables to agreed timelines.
• Strong process skills combined with commercial acumen and an ability to identify risk.
• Experience coaching and supervising junior members of staff.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to accurately identify key issues
and communicate them across a broad range of stakeholders.
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced, highly regulated environment whilst managing and embracing change
Note: The candidate filling this role may be required by applicable law and/or regulation to personally file for gaming licensure in any jurisdiction in which the company pursues a sports betting and/or iGaming license. Candidates must be able and willing to undergo personal declarations on behalf of the company’s suitability requirements for gaming licensure and must maintain a level of personnel suitability sufficient for the company to obtain and maintain its gaming licenses in any jurisdiction.