An online casino business with offices in New York are looking for a Financial Controller to add to their finance department. Ideally this person will be based in New York/New Jersey but other US locations will be considered.
• Prepares accounting entries as needed to ensure that all general ledger account balances are current and accurate at the end of the month.
• Ensures reconciliation of all bank accounts, PayPal accounts and funds.
• Preparation of Management accounts monthly and delivery to Head of Finance and Board members.
• Preparation and analysis of budgets per department vs actuals.
• Maintenance of salaries with respect to joiners, leavers, pay rises, bonuses.
• Point of contact for receipt of invoices.
• Reviews receipts and disbursements to determine cash position, prepares necessary journal entries, and cash transfers.
• Preparation and execution of weekly pay runs.
• Preparation of yearly financial statements.
• Assists independent auditors and internal auditors as required.
• Formulates, implements, and enforces policies and procedures for the accounting department
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree in related subject (Business, Legal, economic etc.)
• Prior experience in the gaming industry, particularly with an online casino or casino.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and
• Ability to effectively present information to staff, management, and the Board of
• Advanced with accounting systems, including an understanding on how to implement rules.
• Advanced in excel, ability to put together spreadsheets and useage of formulas.
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
• Understanding of general accounting principles.
• ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent.