BettingJobs are working with a technology business who partner with high performing online casino brands, they are searching for a new CTO to join their team and build a tech hub in the UK. The location is flexible within the UK, apply today for a confidential discussion:
As the department head, you will help the company to lead the DevOps team, scale their operations, bring in the best practices of the industry, and improve their standards and SLAs to overcome the challenges ahead.
This job would be reporting directly to the Director and is a combination of technology management, people management, and strategic management.
You will be hands on and will be assist the dev team with coding and code reviews.
Work as a team member, and as a team leader:
• Show a profound and deeprooted interest in our customers and colleagues to identify and understand the issues which affect them, and drive satisfaction and costs. Be a customer-focused ambassador, ensuring your team understand their part to play in achieving our strategic objectives.
• Be the DevOp champion for your team: enable their work, growth, and strategy (technical vision, leadership, and mentorship) bringing in new standards, technologies and constantly pushing our stack forward.
• Lead a team to manage the overall IT operations: form a team of excellence. Be responsible for technical leads, provide mentorship, advice, and guidance. Develop and grow a diverse team through effective recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies for key talents, ensuring a strong team where all feels heard and engaged.
• Develop and implement appropriate performance and data management systems across the organization.
• Work closely with product manager, leads and story owners to design features, prioritize tasks, define the Definition of Done, and monitor daily progress with clear metrics and reporting such as burn down charts.
• Be responsible for all our technical decisions.
• Set the strategy to build the client an amazing reputation and create a strong community within the company.
• Provide guidance and be a point of contact for daily business tasks. Help departments use technology profitably.
• Drive the interdisciplinary software engineering inside our organization.
Tools, stack and process guru:
• Create and optimize all our technical processes.
• Ensure that reported issues are being resolved promptly, that corporate policies and procedures are being followed, implemented and maintained.
• Supervise the system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
• Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
• Manage all aspects of cybersecurity, coding and testing in the organization.
• Technical problem solver of our systems.
• Build and maintain partnerships with local companies and 3rd party vendors of our global tech partners. Research, negotiate and onboard vendors to support our infra operations.
• Assume responsibility for all digital, cyber and IT policies, processes, and procedures and where appropriate, training.
Change Management / Continuous Improvement:
• Passionate about technology and knows what new tech is on the horizon as well as a deep understanding of what is available now.
• Discovering and implementing new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
• Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs.
• You can strongly influence a positive, highperformance engineering culture.
• Research new technologies which may potentially increase the productivity of the organization
• Lead on innovation by implementing future proof technologies and processes which ensure continued sustainable growth.
• Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and offer feedback
Your skills (ideally):
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Proven experience as a Tech Director / Head of IT or similar leadership role, preferably in an iGaming company.
• Good knowledge and experience with .Net framework, Azure services, Cloudflare, CloudFront, memory-based caching services, deployment. Your main responsibilities here will be to monitor the whole infrastructure workflow, finding weak links and suggest optimizations.
• Good knowledge and experience with SQL Server, oriented Data
• Experience with JIRA essential
• Must have experience with Microsoft Azure (including understanding resource usage and cost reduction)
• Strong knowledge of security, authorization, authentication
• .Net frame work is a must.