Bettingjobs are working with one of the fastest growing sports betting companies in Africa. They are looking for a CFO, who will be located in Lagos, Nigeria. Get in touch today for a confidential discussion.
Summary of Responsibilities for this Job Role:
The CFO executes primary daily accounting and financial management activities as well as strategic accounting and financial management functions and generates the various reports required by management for tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Develop the process and framework to provide robust and detailed financial reporting
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts/reports.
- Budget preparation and financial forecasts.
- Implement and manage financial management policies in compliance with established internal controls and accounting practice standards, such as IFRS, IAS, GAAP, etc.
- Prompt payout of winnings to agents/stakers.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of all accounts with the banks, agents and other third parties.
- Ensure timely reporting and remittance of taxes and other statutory payments to the relevant tax authorities and the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, etc.
- Manage external relationships with regulatory authorities, such as Tax Authorities (LIRS and FIRS), NLRC, etc; and other third parties such as Auditors, Financial & Management Consultants, etc.
- Interpret financial information to senior management, recommending corrective actions.
- Support stakeholders with financial forecasts and models for monitoring various business performance indicators towards maintaining the financial health of the business.
- Analyse business performance compared to forecasts
- Review and evaluate cash flow, income and expenses to identify optimisation opportunities
- Oversee the performance of the finance department
- Carry out risk assessments based on the financial health of the business
- Work with auditors to ensure regulatory compliance with timely production of statutory audits, filing with Corporate Affairs Commission as well as relevant tax authorities.
- Review, develop and maintain internal controlling processes
- Review, develop and adapt internal payments process and systems for an optimised customer deposits and withdrawals functions
- Work with the other departments to align the strategic plans of each business entity
- Oversee tax management and planning, as well as banking due diligence processes
- Support the development of internal accounting software
- Review, develop and implement more effective processes for financial reconciliation, controlling and accounting