Betting Jobs are working with a B2B automated Sports Betting company that focus on Data Science algorithms and Sports Data Collection. They are looking to an experienced Product Owner to join their team in London to help deliver their unique product.
As a Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for the making sure the platform and services work to the highest standards and deliver the optimal experience.
Working with partners and senior internal stakeholders, you will help producing and maintaining the product roadmap, balancing immediate and future needs in the context of the company’s long-term vision.
You will ensure that the technical team have all the requirements and acceptance criteria they need and will work hand-in-glove with technical leads to ensure we have a constant focus on time-to-market and delivery. As such, you will be a key asset during each of the team Sprints.
As an experienced product lead, you will have a great understanding of modern product development practices and real experience of the challenges and complexities of technical delivery. You will ensure that competitive analysis and market research are key factors in all decision-making and that all development activities are undertaken with clear measures of success.
You will have a critical role to play in long term development of the company and be a key voice in discussions with our partners. As such, you will drive a product mindset and help the business defines the processes and methodologies used.
What you will be doing:
• Define it: produce all requirements and ensure that the team and the company have absolute clarity about what is needed, in what order, and why
• Deliver it: make sure that we prioritise business value and time-to-market above all else
• Measure it: define success and measure everything we do
• Run it: work within our Scrum team to successfully run each Sprint, from Sprint planning to retro sessions
• Communicate Everything: constantly communicate roadmaps and delivery plans to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Collaborate: constantly engage with key stakeholders and our partners to identify ways to improve and build upon the capabilities of our platform
What you need for this role:
• Highly experienced in end-to-end product management in the betting industry, preferably with some sports trading experience
• Significant experience of capturing, collating, and producing detailed business requirements for, and with, deeply technical teams
• Great experience of various Agile methodologies and of working with JIRA & Confluence and similar tools
• Some hands-on software development experience would be highly beneficial
• Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to pick up new skill sets quickly
• Comfortable and confident engaging with partners and key stakeholders up to C-level
• A passion for detail and problem solving, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who you are:
• Customer-focused: everything we do is with our partners and stakeholders in mind
• Organised: focusing on making our delivery processes truly efficient whilst keeping things coherent will require real planning and organisational skills
• Analytical: we need to prioritise and measure everything, and so you will need to be very comfortable with data, our revenue models and the complexities of our market.
• Relevant: the marketplace, our competitors and our partners move fast, so you need to help us keep ahead by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we work
• Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed