BettingJobs are currently seeking a Rugby Trading & Operations Manager for a leading Sportsbook based in London. The role is well suited to an individual that possess a strong mathematical background and a passion for rugby.
• Pricing and trading rugby matches.
• Creating the best possible level of rugby trading service by releasing prices early and keeping in-play markets live wherever possible.
• Contributing to the wider level of service provided by creating and managing bespoke prices outside of standard live matches or trading events on other sports.
• Assisting the Customer Services Team by dealing with escalated queries that come in on your event/sport and helping to provide an excellent betting service.
• Creating the most accurate prices possible and optimizing the bet value to revenue conversion rates by using the best possible pricing and trading techniques.
• Monitoring liabilities and moving prices based on changing circumstances such as weather, shrewd client trades and competitor market moves.
• Accurately building and settling markets and booking telephone bets, ensuring mistakes are kept to a minimum.
• Sharing helpful and insightful knowledge on shrewd client betting behaviour with the Client Analysis Team. Helping the Client Analysis Team with their review workload where necessary and appropriate.
• Making intelligent judgment decisions regarding referred bets when shrewd clients trade on events.
• Ensuring the Sports BI Team get the support they need to improve the company model and app development by proactively logging bugs with clear descriptions and by personally undertaking (or delegating responsibility for) testing of new app releases.
• Ensuring all junior traders get the training and development help they need to help them achieve the highest standards.
• Ensuring that all rugby and AFL events are covered by traders of appropriate skill levels by either completing the rota personally or delegating this responsibility to others in the team.
• Ensuring we are using third parties to cost effectively optimise the level of service.
• Ensuring all rugby and AFL events and markets are appearing correctly on all trading platforms.
• Assisting the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product in the hiring process for new rugby traders.
• Undertaking day to day personal line-management issues for all members of the Rugby Team. Liaising with the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product and HR on these issues where necessary.
• Assisting the Heads of Sports Trading, Ops & Product in the end of year performance review process for all Rugby Traders
• You will hold a strong degree preferably in a quantitative subject.
• Have experience working and leading within a sports betting environment.
• Passionate about rugby and possess an extensive knowledge in all aspects of the sport.
• Work to a very high level and remain calm in a pressured environment.
• Very numerate with a sharp betting/trading brain.
• Be prepared to work early/late shifts to tie in with when racing is taking place.