Bettingjobs is working with a leading Sportsbook provider seeking to expand their compliance team with an experienced MLRO- remote from the UK with travel required.
The MLRO is responsible for ensuring the companies continued compliance with all its legal obligations and maintaining best industry practice with respect to AML & CTF Compliance.
• Perform the MLRO role independently, whilst maintaining stakeholder relationships.
• Produce reports for key stakeholders setting out key developments within the subject matter (both externally and within the business) and the operation and effectiveness of the company’s AML/Fraud systems and controls.
• Being responsible for designing and carrying out AML/CTF risk assessments across the company.
• Being point of contact for audits from the UKGC.
• Ensure transactions made through our payment processes are compliant with all AML/CFT standards.
• Communication with the Legal, Compliance, Marketing and stakeholders on the most suitable way to combat ML and TF.
• Standardizing and writing down current ML/TF processes and training the staff in using those to judge cases on a regular basis.
• Regular analysis of the company’s AML/CFT and compliance efforts.
• Responsible for dealing with the regulatory and law enforcement bodies in reference to suspicious transaction reports submitted externally to the relevant FIU.
• Being an integral part of liaison with gambling regulators, other relevant authorities and third parties (including the Group’s banks) in relation to AML/CTF and other related matters.
• Determine how to deal with the reported customer transaction post reporting.
• Being responsible for managing and delivering KYC AML/CTF due diligence on relevant external third parties in accordance with defined procedures.
• Being the ultimate adviser to the Group on complex AML/CTF questions.
• 5+ years’ experience of working in AML/CTF and specifically experience as an MLRO/ deputy MLRO– within a gambling business.
• Be driven proactive self-starters who are passionate about AML/CTF compliance and driving any required change.
• Strong experience in reviewing, interpreting, communicating and applying AML/CTF legislation, regulations, rules and guidance.
• Be easy to work with, personable and enjoy working in a fun and dynamic owner-managed international business.
• High level of initiative and ability to work independently, taking ownership of workload and managing time appropriately.
• Full right to work in the UK and able to travel to Ireland on occasion.