A sportsbetting and media company are looking for a Senior Copywriter to join them in their London based office. Working on a hybrid model (1-2 days per week in the office).
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Design you’ll be a key figure within the Creative Studio. You’ll be responsible for developing marketing campaigns as well creating fresh, vibrant and innovative copy for the Group’s products.
Working with stakeholders across the business, your words will bring briefs to life, while ensuring TOV guidelines are followed, and that the customer is always front of mind. You should have an affinity to, and knowledge of, the online betting industry and a love for football and sports in general. You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects in an organised and structured manner. A keen eye for detail and a solid understanding of digital marketing is essential.
• Participate in development of creative ideas for both campaign and tactical executions
• Propose copy concepts that present underlying strategic thinking
• Work with our CRM team as well as marketing / brand, acquisition and design to develop master copy for promotions, new brand/product launches and marquee events.
• Interpret creative direction and adapt points from briefs into compelling, and persuasive copy for promotions and marketing campaigns
• Ability to understand and interweave our TOV across all copy activity
• Set internal quality requirements to ensure all customer facing copy is written to the highest standard and is accurate, relevant, and grammatically correct.
• Develop master templates that showcase what ‘good’ copy looks like across all channels
• Develop “do’s and don’ts” guidelines, training teams on best practice and TOV
• Quality check and proof all copy output to ensure completed work is error-free, meets the brief, and achieves the desired standards
• Ensure all copy requests are completed within the deadline
• Maintain full awareness and understanding of legislation for relevant channels
• Management of ongoing copy auditing to ensure quality and messaging is consistent
• Create copy quickly during peak periods (across all channels)
• Working with marketing teams to test and learn to measure the impact of words.
• Working with marketing teams to drive creativity and innovation.
• Maintain a strong team ethic and help and support your colleagues as and when required
• Proven experience writing within the Sports/online gambling industry
• Strong knowledge and interest in Sports (local and international)
• Knowledge and interest of online gambling products
• Good knowledge of brand and understanding of tone of voice principles
• Ability to create simple, effective, engaging promotional messaging
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritise tasks and adapt to last minute copy requests
• Excellent grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
• Highly customer-centric with a good understanding of CRM strategies and practices
• Self-starter that can take the initiative
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Framing your thinking within existing brand strategies
• Confident in communicating and presenting to core stakeholders across the business
• An enthusiasm for sharing and discussing ideas