Department: Business Intelligence
Betting Jobs is working with a fast growing and ambitious marketing and technology company working in the online gambling space. They are looking for a detailed and commercially focused Data Analyst to join their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a hungry individual to join a vibrant team. This role will report to the Head of Business Intelligence.
Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in an organisation? Are you constantly curious, with each answer you find leading to another question? Your mission is to unlock the power of the data by finding innovative ways to analyse, organise, integrate and visualise information. By doing this it empowers the business to make decisions quickly and confidently.
Purpose of the role:
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for performing data analytics and maintaining our data environments. You will engage business users to understand detailed requirements, develop reporting, and promote usage of reporting solutions, and ensure our data integrity and availability is maintained.
You will be responsible for:
● Working in a highly advanced analytics function and perform deep dive analytics across all business functions
● Understanding customer behaviour, gaming analytics and reporting back to the business
● Making clear data driven recommendations and report on the value of implemented changes
● Working across the business providing timely, concise reports, dashboards and analysis
● Building constructive and trusted relationships with business areas to improve the flow of reporting / explanations and rationale explaining performance to relevant stakeholders.
● Using SQL, Python and Tableau daily to analyse millions of rows of data and visualise the findings
You will have:
● Qualified to degree level (strong preference for an undergraduate degree in Information Systems / Maths / Stats / Engineering or similar)
● Strong maths, stats and logical skills, together with a passion for numbers and creative visualisations
● Previous experience in providing data driven business insights and actioned upon recommendations
● Proficient in Tableau dashboard visualisations
● Experience of SQL and Python to transform and analyse large datasets
● An interest in data integration and modelling techniques
● Ability to analyse large amounts of data quickly and accurately
● Strong communication and presentation skills
● Ability to develop and sustain relationships with key stakeholders and peers
● Ability to manage a challenging workload, whilst working quickly and precisely under pressure.
● Experience within customer insight and marketing functions
● Experience analysing customer, transactional and/or online data
● Passionate about data
It would be a bonus if you also had:
● Experience of working in a gaming, gambling or online marketing company
● Exposure to customer / marketing analytics e.g. segmentation, churn, retention etc
● Strong initiative; drives projects themselves and takes ownership of delivering to a high standard
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain relationships with both technical and non-technical audiences.
● Excellent time management and organisation skills with ability to work under deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
● Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
● Must be comfortable in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
● Adaptable to changing priorities and be enthused by fresh challenges
● Creative in finding solutions