Betting Jobs are working with an established sportsbook and casino operator that are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to provide support to the Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs department. This role can be based in their Malta or London offices.
• Reviewing and advising on a wide range of complex commercial contracts, terms and conditions and other legal documentation.
• Providing effective legal advice and support at all levels across the business.
• Providing authoritative and practical interpretation on all legal issues effecting the company.
• Assisting in internal and external audits.
• Provide leadership in obtaining new gaming licences applications including but not limited to assisting and determining the relevant licences and the supporting
• Liaising with external advisors.
• Handling and keeping track of litigation, contracts, intellectual property rights and other administrative procedures.
• Performing legal research: market report, legislation update etc.
• Provide support to put in place a contract management system.
• Provide support to put in place or update internal procedures, processes, and policies.
• Support regulatory affairs in evaluating market entry and exits.
• Develop the skillsets of the legal wider legal team.
• Perform and support other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
• Holder of a degree of law ideally in the area of business.
• To have qualified as a lawyer in a relevant jurisdiction for the company’s business.
• Confident in working with others but also independently and uphold a high standard of work ethic, always ensuring to complete all assigned tasks accurately.
• Must be a responsible and trustworthy person who can use own initiative to meet
• Fluent English speaker and writer. Additional language skills would be an advantage.
• Proven ability to explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers.
• Commercial and pragmatic approach.
• Ability to balance the commercial demands of the business against any legal and regulatory risks
• 5 to 10 years’ experience gained in the private practice sector and/or in-house.
• Gaming experience is a plus.
Note that the successful candidate may be required by applicable law/or regulation to personally file for gaming licensure in any jurisdiction in which the company pursues and Sports Betting and/ or iGaming license, and therefore must meet certain requirements.