Bettingjobs are working with an online sportsbook company who are looking for a Player Protection Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Responsible Gambling, the Player Protection Operations Manager will be responsible for safeguarding the customers and the business by ensuring they meet the expectations set out in their regulatory requirements. This will include educating and supporting the wider business enabling them to meet departmental KPIs. Following the continued success and growth of their brands this an excellent opportunity for a candidate with operational/management experience who will get stuck in and help lead the team, always ensuring continuous improvement.
• Regulations: Review all procedures, QA and policy to ensure regulatory requirements are being met. Conduct ad hoc audits to provide regular feedback to key stakeholders and oversee the change management process. Work alongside the Head of Responsible Gambling in implementing new procedures in line with UKGC/BGC guidance.
• Operational: Oversee the management of the operation. Work with your Team Leaders to ensure staffing levels, processes, regulatory requirements, and excellent customer service is being delivered. Take ownership of escalated complaints and share the learnings with the department.
• Culture: Foster an atmosphere of trust and open dialogue. Ensure staff are working in an environment where they can voice questions, suggestions, or constructive feedback. Provide support and coaching rather than criticism, even where mistakes have been made. Treat everyone fairly, equally and with respect.
• People Management: Lead by example and support the development of your team. Identify areas of improvement and celebrate their successes.
• Analysis: Work with Insights team to understand the effectiveness of our procedures.
Review departmental stats to identify trends, manage follow up actions and review on an ongoing basis. Build reports to share insights with key stakeholders.
• Relationships: Build solid working relationships to ensure our approach to responsible gambling is aligned. Draw on other people’s expertise and experiences to improve our approach. Be open to constructive feedback as this is how we get better.
• Collaboration: Assist Head of Responsible Gambling in building and delivering RG training, gap analysis for launch of new ventures and territories, delivering initiatives such as Safer Gambling Week.
• Development: You will be responsible for the development of the department to ensure strong engagement results and retain talent. Work with the Head of Responsible Gambling to continue your development within compliance ensuring you are a subject matter expert.
• UK compliance expert with demonstratable experience of working with UKGC LCCP and RTS.
• Experience within highly regulated industries.
• Experience of managing, leading and developing a successful team.
• Possess good IT skills.
• We need a team player who holds themselves and others accountable. We only succeed if we work together.
• Motivated to succeed, enthusiastic, confident, dedicated, proactive and driven.
• Demonstrate sound and well-reasoned judgement when applying decision making.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Self-starter attitude with the ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport at all levels with stakeholders.
• Provide feedback, mentoring and coaching, as well as reward and recognition.