BettingJobs are working with a rapid growth iGaming provider seeking to expand their Porto based team with a proactive Head of Legal. This person should speak Portuguese and be qualified in Portugal.
Primary responsibilities will be to manage the legal structure, lead client compliance reporting, develop and provide training on key compliance policies. Shall oversee all third party due diligence as well a legal compliance for overseas legal entities, contract management and provide Ad Hoc legal support, acting as an interface with external advisors.
The Head of Legal, Ethics and Compliance will develop an approach to internal legal support that meets current and future needs, ensuring that offices in Portugal and abroad protect the company and that employees have an excellent understanding of the ethical and legal framework in which they operate.
Objectives and Responsibilities
• Obtaining advertising licenses in several foreign markets;
• Managing reports for clients on compliance issues, including fraud and corruption;
• Documentation management for downstream customer and subcontractor contracts;
• Third-party due diligence management, including monitoring the quality of due diligence conducted by the business;
• Supervision and maintenance of all compliance policies, updating policies to reflect legal or regulatory updates or to reduce compliance risk;
• Support for investigations and management of the complaint register;
• Identification and assessment of relevant risks associated with our international operations;
• Ad Hoc legal support, managing the solicitation and acquisition of outside consulting as needed;
• Developing an approach for providing internal legal support to meet current and future needs, as well as leading the implementation of this approach;
• Advising colleagues on a wide range of legal and compliance issues;
• With support from the Finance team and other cross functional roles, lead fraud awareness across the company and ensure that internal controls are in place, well understood and used;
Skills and Qualifications
Our team and business requires people of the highest caliber who pay close attention to every detail and support the smooth running of day-to-day contracting issues.
People who are able to overcome challenges with a "can do" attitude, tempered with insight and pragmatism. Each team member is carefully selected, based not only on their technical ability, but on their proven experience. It is this combination that ensures the delivery of real social impact and measurable results beyond those anticipated.
The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to build productive relationships with people from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
• Qualified lawyer in Portugal;
• Law degree / Master of Laws or LLM;
• Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in a commercial environment;
• Working knowledge in the iGaming industry (poker, sportsbetting, casino);
• Application advantage if you have some knowledge in the Crypto/Blockchain industry;
• Experience in Administrative, Commercial, Contract, Labor, Tax Law;
• Experience in Intellectual Property, Compliance, Data Protection;
• Experience with third-party due diligence;
• Familiarity of working with government clients is highly desirable, as is an understanding of the international development sector;
• A constructive and facilitative approach to working with colleagues across the company;
• Experience supporting international business on strategic level transactions and issues;
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal - Portuguese and English;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Strong knowledge of legal compliance as well as regulatory developments;;
• Commercial awareness;
• Basic computer skills with products such as Microsoft Office;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Achievement oriented and determination to drive continuous improvement;
• Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
• Eligibility to relocate to various points around the globe, if required;