The Digital Marketing Manager will be required to manage the development of all digital activity in the UK market, as well as support digital media strategy across other markets, and also develop and implement the annual and monthly digital media plans to support the overall marketing (ATL+Digital) strategy for the brand. This role is performance oriented requiring advanced campaign management skills, good leadership skills and excellent stakeholder management.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented, self-motivated, marketer to take ownership of the end to end planning and execution of digital campaigns as the team and product proposition continue to grow and develop.
The successful candidate will report into the Digital Marketing Lead and have experience in identifying and developing opportunities with new and existing agency partners. They will need experience working with internal teams, with hands on management of the creative process. They will need to be extremely data driven, with the ability to evaluate campaigns and creative, to make optimizations based on performance.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time where the business is growing and entering new markets with huge potential value, which are also extremely competitive. So ideally, you’ll have proven experience growing challenger brands in highly competitive industries, as well the commercial expertise to deliver exceptional digital campaigns that increase brand awareness and consideration but more importantly deliver immediate commercial results in terms of player acquisition and retention.
• Develop and manage the digital marketing (mobile and desktop) strategy aiming to rapidly build market share by driving customer acquisition and increasing customer retention through digital channels working together with Digital Marketing Lead.
• Manage a mixed channel budget by constantly reviewing internal and external agency performance and reporting on monthly performance across all UK digital channels, ensuring performance is aligned with company's marketing strategy, budget and defined CPA, FTD and ROI acquisition targets
• Work closely with BI and other performance teams to ensure optimized allocation of spend across digital (mobile and desktop) performance channels, including upweighting of spend into the best performing channels
• Meeting targets for weekly and monthly acquisition performance including reporting and analysis.
• Using data analysis to provide on-going recommendations and optimizations and evolve the future digital marketing strategy.
• Review lifetime value of existing and new deposited players to optimise channel performance and identify new segments to target
• Evaluating ROI and deciding (along with line manager) on continuity or termination of the campaign by reviewing reports from BI Team and 3rd party platforms
• Reporting on mobile performance data reviewing the volume each campaign delivers as well as the quality of traffic received
• Developing direct relationships with external digital performance agencies including negotiating costs to maximize profitability.
• Working directly with Google, Facebook and other external parties to drive efficiency and harness their technology as affectively as possible.
• Identify and propose new opportunities with existing and new digital partners to drive revenues and reduce costs.
• Manage primary online and mobile acquisition channels including ad networks, in app, paid search, social and programmatic.
• Manage the creative development and execution of marketing assets, including testing and optimization, this may involve direct management of internal and external design resource.
• Manage the conversion funnel, including planning, coordinating and executing AB/MVT testing to ensure effectiveness of campaigns.
• Perform relevant research to understand the industry, the customers and competitors.
• Provide product technical input on behalf of the digital team and agencies
• Manage digital data flow between the brand and external partners with an understanding of tracking/pixels/cookies and the ability to brief development teams.
• Maintain full awareness and understanding of appropriate legislation for relevant media channels and ensure digital activity is fully compliant with legislation.
• Manage tracking flow between the brand and 3rd party agencies including being responsibile for investigating, reporting and resolving ALL PLATFORM tagging and tracking issues.
• Constant review of GTM tags together with Tech support, closely monitoring of ongoing tracking issues and holding responsibility for new APIs integration across 3rd party platforms
• Manage comms between 3rd party agencies and OJO Tech / Devops Teams on the deployment of new pixels or adjusting the current ones.
• Manage the relationship between the brand and Bannerflow, being responsible for fixing any tech/platform issues that arise – working with the relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate
Who are we looking for:
A candidate with profound knowledge of the digital media landscape. Gambling experience is preferable but not mandatory. Otherwise working for high volume transaction digital/ e-commerce business in a similar industry.
• 4+ years Digital Campaign Management, including ROI based performance marketing working in the online gambling industry or similar high transactional volume DR focused industry
• In depth knowledge of the digital media space including relationships with agencies and media owners. The ideal candidate would have worked in multi discipline marketing structure where digital channels are used to leverage and benefit from ATL campaigns
• Thorough understanding of all digital channels (including mobile) and their potential impact as an acquisition and retention tool
• Experience in developing and executing digitial media plans supported by strong creative execution
• Ability to manage campaigns from beginning to end, including forecasting and performance analysis
• Strong understanding of digital tracking, measurement and reporting tools – ability to analyse digital campaigns and draw out actionable insight
• Understanding of usability and design principles to feed into testing of creative and landing pages
• End to end understanding and track record of setting up, managing and meeting clear ROI targets across paid search, social and programmatic
• Experience in directly managing media, digital marketing/performance and creative agencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. Solid attention to detail
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
• Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally. Experience working with internal and external agencies
• Previous budget management experience
• Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organisational skills and experience of balancing multiple projects as once
What’s in it for you:
● 24 days annual holiday, plus additional days after 3 years’ service
● Work to life balance: 3 days in office, 2 days working from home
● Competitive salary + annual bonus (after completion of probation)
● Free private healthcare, life insurance cover and pension after successful completion of probation
● Fun team socials
● Complementary fruits and snacks