BettingJobs are working with a marketing agency who operate many brands within the iGaming sector. They are seeking to add a Senior Copywriter to their Johannesburg team. The ideal candidate should be able to generate standalone copy or text to complement visual concepts created by the design department, across many platforms, including:
● Social media and blogs.
● Press releases.
● B2B letters.
● B2C Communication
● Direct Mail Campaigns and Concepts.
● And implement your SEO experience.
The role will involve using feedback from colleagues to sharpen writing skills and deliver finished pieces that attract and persuade. All copy should adhere to the objectives of the project, staying within the brief and being completely grammatically accurate. The candidate will be expected to develop his/her skills, expanding their obvious passion to play with words. This is definitely not your average 9-5 job. We’re looking for a talented, organized and energetic individual who will thrive in a busy, highly pressured environment. A keen interest to learn, plus talent along with an excellent track record will give you a head start.
● Creating interesting, relevant, and engaging content for relevant platforms.
● Writing copy for a variety of brand websites.
● Updating content and graphics to websites via CMS.
● Writing copy for electronic newsletters and emails.
● Writing blog posts and updating social media on a daily basis.
● Copy checking.
● An understanding of mobile-marketing and how to effectively use this to drive web traffic
● Strong writing skills; both long and short copy.
● Identify with brands and conceptualize strategies to communicate their message to their target markets.
● Be exposed to a multitude of leading social media channel marketing strategies and how best to employ the tools of the trade.
● A relevant Copywriting qualification is an advantage.
● 3+ years relevant experience in a media/marketing environment.
● Must be up to date with current trends and know what is hip and happening on a local and global level.
● A solid understanding and experience with marketing communication.
● A meticulous eye for copy checking.
● A passion for attention to detail.
● Very organized and the ability to plan ahead or schedule priorities.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● The ability to multitask on several projects.
● Excellent admin and reporting skills.