This role can be based remotely anwyhere in a European time zone (apart from Malta)
One of our clients is a fast-growing iGaming operator in Malta who are looking to hire a remote-based Head of Payments. The right candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the payments strategy in tandem with the Head of Payment Solutions and Director of Payments for the organization and it's brands. The group's strategy is positioning itself as the market leader in online payments. The Head of Payments is responsible for all product, commercial and performance facets of Payments in the following regions: Canada, Ontario, Norway, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, ROW
Reporting to the Director of Payments, the Head of Payments will be an expert in the field of online payments, have the customer at the heart of all that they do whilst maintaining a strategic, “big picture” view on things, and be passionate about achieving excellence.
• Lead our global payment efforts strategically in the designated markets. Develop and execute the payments strategy and ensure it is aligned with the group’s target markets and timelines
• Responsibility for ensuring we have a resilient service with effective business continuity plans to enable fast switching to backup providers.
• Sponsor key projects and initiatives at the group level
• Responsible for future-proofing our customer payments infrastructure against the wider business and group strategy.
• The Head of Payments will have a dotted line into the Payments team, as the team will continue to report to the Head of Payment Solutions.
• To deliver excellent payment insights to help drive future payment initiatives and optimise on existing payment performance and achieve set KPIs.
• Engage with key executive and senior internal stakeholders across many functions, namely: Commercial, Product, Technology, Compliance, and Finance functions.
• Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams, working together is a relatively flat team structure
• Directly responsible for the performance of each payment method from a technical aspect
• Ensure optimal end-to-end user journey for player deposits and withdrawals. Considering all components that may affect the payments flow
• Analyse customer behaviour and optimise results to achieve top acceptance rates with each payment method. Implement plans to improve performance, track key metrics and adjust processes. Liaise with colleagues to identify and resolve obstacles.
• Improve payment monitoring and alerting, incident response and resolution and handle incidents and conduct investigations on downtime
• Ensure documented procedures are in place for fallbacks and payment backup methods to be activated/deactivated on PIQ as required
• Work closely with BI to innovate payments performance KPIs and analyse findings
• Manage the administrative, legal, financial, and technical aspects of PSP onboarding. Working closely with frontend team to build proprietary cashier and ensure PIQ works seamlessly with each payment provider and routing setup
• Write high-level Business Requirement documents and support improvements to payment methods
• Works closely with product teams, keeping abreast of all ongoing and upcoming projects
• Manage changes to scope and schedule accordingly.
• Reports, tracks, and escalates challenges and issues to upper management as needed.
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role
• Great communicator
• Be creative, and proactive in finding solutions to ad-hoc situations
• Methodical, numbers-driven, and well organised
• Open and responsive problem-solving skills
• Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Be proactive and motivate others when necessary
• Positive and enthusiastic ‘can-do –attitude
• Competitive salary with health benefits and insurance (depending on location)
• Attractive bonus packages
• Career development and growth
• Remote work
• Social events
• Diversity of role, projects, and challenges
• Excellent team-oriented and international work environment