BettingJobs is working with a leading Operator seeking to expand their London team with an experience Marketing Analyst.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Digital Marketing, Performance Marketing leads and head of BI and will report into the CMO. A naturally inquisitive analytical person who has a career focused on delivering tailored insight and analysis within fast moving environments. Excellent relational database and reporting experience using applications software. Mixed marketing analytics experience with the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and present well-reasoned recommendations back to the business.
The role will be focused on improving marketing efficiencies, and ROI by analysing media spend to find optimisation opportunities. Must have experience in financial modelling and understand the impact of performance and ATL marketing channels on overall company performance.
• Compile data from various sources (internal and external performance team/ agencies (PPC, Paid social, programmatic display and TV) and internal departments (DM/CRM etc) into a single, consumable, data set, including design and implementation of data models.
• Work with business leaders to identify and develop metrics and visualizations that will track marketing and business performance and highlight potential inefficiencies
• Take responsibility for the modelling & measurement of marketing investment and its effectiveness across both ATL and digital performance channels.
• Build/design data warehouse to house/aggregate all relevant performance data – to include all historical and on-going marketing data for all markets
• Make recommendations on future in house Data Visualization/automation software following a review of the market and then /in house external reporting Software (possibly Power BI or Tableaux) as they are the most commonly used tools in MA roles
• Report relevant weekly performance data to marketing stakeholders – along with relevant commentary all relevant markets:
• Use data to build profitable customer segments/profiles to provide to marketing to enable future targeting of more profitable players
• Review back-end data and monthly reports provided by external marketing agencies to sense check their reporting approach and ensure their performance reporting is accurate and robust
• Work with cross channel performance data supplied by agencies and make recommendations to marketing stakeholders on how best to optimize spend across the following: Digital/Offline and within digital the optimal channel split – to ensure growth and profitable CPAs and player values
• Work with the external marketing agencies across the key channels (ATL and performance (mainly PPC/Social and programmatic) in order to build a mixed media model or a multi-channel attribution model in order to understand the impact of above the line/branding activity on performance channels, and be able to better optimize spend
• Work closely with Performance and Digital Marketing teams, BI in Cyprus and other marketing stakeholders to lead data elements of the annual/quarterly budgeting and forecasting process
• Help department managers with ad hoc projections and other modelling tasks
• Identify opportunities for increased automation efficiency and cost saving opportunities through technical solutions
• Deliver day to day ad hoc data requests as required from the business
• Minimum 3 years' experience in data science or related field
• Must be a quick learner with the ability to develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data
• The ability to work with large, complex data sets across multiple platforms and design efficient processes to provide accurate and timely information is crucial
• Experience working with multi-nationals with the ability to assimilate relevant cultural and regulatory differences across different markets
• Experience in the gaming industry is beneficial but not required. Otherwise experience working in e-commerce large volume transactions business operating is highly competitive marketplace is essential.
• Experience with prediction models and quantitative analysis
• Experience in financial planning and forecasting
• Programming experience is beneficial
• Understanding of digital tracking, measurement, and reporting tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally, with experience working with third party agencies
• Strong organisational skills and experience of balancing multiple projects as once
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice would be beneficial
• Desired but not essential, experience in mixed marketing modelling, understanding the impact of above the line/branding activity on acquisition channels