BettingJobs.com are working with an iGaming client who are looking for an experienced Head of Product to lead their Product development team. You will be managing the Platform Product department, working closely with a cross functional team to deliver a leading platform offering in the global market. You will also oversee the progress of development projects. You will own the product development pipeline, and be responsible for delivering new products, features, and functionality to grow the business. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team to produce timely results in line with our overall strategy. Ideally based in Malta, however, open to candidates based in the UK or remote within Europe.
• Lead a mission critical team which delivers a digital iGaming platform across different product segments, technologies, and distributions.
• Recruit team members and setup the appropriate team structures to ensure the swift execution of the product roadmap and initiatives.
• Generate and qualify ideas around how to improve the product from an end-user perspective (Features, UX, Content etc.)
• Preparing requirements/user stories with detailed acceptance criteria for the development teams - ensuring all product documentation is well prepared and kept up to date.
• Manage the backlog for platform-related work towards relevant development teams.
• Ensure development teams get the necessary product support to deliver on timelines.
• Working with Product Managers, Product owners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure priorities are correctly established and followed, in line with the longer-term strategy of the business.
• Representing the end-user perspective in cross-functional teams tasked with delivering initiatives for our platform.
• Roadmap and release planning for deliverables on our platform (specifically end-user facing improvements), including dependency mapping and co-ordination with other teams.
• Working with UX and UI experts to define the customer experience and product specifications for platform features and requirements.
• Ensuring that proper analytics and tracking mechanisms are in place to analyse customer behaviours and identify opportunities for further improvement through relevant and reliable data.
• Communication with stakeholders and management on the progress of works, as well as preparing and disseminating release notes for each release.
• Develop key metrics to measure the success of your team’s performance.
• Extensive technical knowledge of iGaming platforms, web-based distribution and server-based technology including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans.
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and first-hand experience with modern complex development tool chains, bug tracking systems, continuous integration, and version control systems in both commercial and open source/agile settings.
• Track record of specifying, developing, and delivering software applications in a range of standards and languages.
• Strong and demonstrable software development and release engineering skills. The ability to do so in distributed environments and/or environments without direct line management or without intense face to face contact is valuable.
• Demonstrable knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of the platform.
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience of successfully engaging senior management and groups of stakeholders including 3rd party suppliers.
• Able to demonstrate strong management skills including communication, negotiation, and facilitation.
• Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously whilst balancing business priorities and quality.