BettingJobs are working with an established sportsbook and casino operator that are looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel to either be based in London, Malta, Curacao or potentially remote in Europe.
This individual will be responsible for commercial and transactional matters related to the company’s B2B and B2C betting and gaming operations and services.
This role is part of the Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Team, reporting to the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs.
• Advising, reviewing, and drafting commercial contracts, including B2B supplier agreements, marketing agreements, collaboration agreements, service agreements and intra-group agreements, terms and conditions and other legal documentation associated with a B2B/B2C betting and gaming operation/supplier.
• Providing effective legal advice (on both a proactive and reactive basis), assistance and support and internal training at all levels across the business
• Monitoring advice given by external lawyers and ensuring it is appropriately disseminated to internal stakeholders
• Provide legal advice and guidance (in conjunction with external lawyers) to management and other internal stakeholders
• Reviewing a wide range of sources of information for new and proposed legal developments which impact relevant areas of responsibility. Raising new and emerging issues with the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs and the business as appropriate, including providing advice and comment in writing and/or in presentations/workshops
• Assisting in internal and external audits and investigations
• Handling and keeping track of litigation, contracts, intellectual property rights and other administrative procedures
• Perform and support other duties as assigned
Experience and skills required:
• Minimum three years' post qualification experience and licensed to practice law in a European jurisdiction and/or Curacao, and in good standing
• Extensive experience in drafting commercial contracts and knowledge of commercial law, preferably in e-commerce, information technology, software, media, telecommunications or technology related industries
• Confident in working with others but also independently and uphold a high standard of work ethic, always ensuring to complete all assigned tasks accurately
• Able to take ownership of projects and drive them to successful completion
• Fluent English speaker. Additional language skills such as Swedish and Italian would be an advantage
• Able to advise internal customers confidently and effectively
• Good negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to balance the commercial demands of the business against any legal and regulatory risks
• Sound commercial judgement
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and highly regulated industry under pressure while leading and empowering a progressive and dynamic in-house legal department