BettingJobs are working with a leading B2B platform provider who have recently expanded into the North American market, they are searching for a Tech Lead - Data to join their team. The role can be based in Malta, Cape Town or remotely. Apply today for a confidential discussion:
Right now, we are doing a considerable amount with our data. We’re streaming it between services, we’re pushing and pulling it to/from a variety of external systems, we’re generating reports for all sorts of things from it. But we want to do more, much more. You’ll work closely with a product specialist and have considerable autonomy to drive the technical direction, while still being one of the developers so you get to keep your hands dirty most days.
You will have a small but growing technical team to help you deliver on the vision. You will be reporting directly to and working closely with the CTO and will have considerable input across our entire technical portfolio.
• How we stream our events between all our internal systems
• How we store, process and provide access to data for a variety of analytics/reporting & other use cases
• What the design of our data schema should be and how we evolve it to meet internal, client and regulatory needs
• How we integrate a growing range of third party systems which will consume our data but also perhaps produce new data
• How we best provide access to and use data across a variety of different teams including customer intelligence, fraud and marketing
• How we potentially introduce more specialist roles to make better use of our data and improve the business.
What you already have:
• Proficiency in at least one JVM based language (we predominantly use Scala but that’s not a hard requirement)
• Significant experience in a variety of different ways of using data including event streaming, data warehouses/lakes, analytics & BI tools
• Comfort working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of batch and real-time data processes
• A good working knowledge of at least some of the analytical and visualization tools on the market to help us make informed choices about what to use where
• Excellent numerical/analytical skills
• Good collaborative skills and a willingness to work alongside product management to evolve a shared vision
• A readiness to help drive the technical direction for a team of experienced developers
• Experience working with other senior technical people dealing with different aspects of a large software system
Nice to have:
• Previous involvement in building streaming applications in Scala (Akka or FS2 preferred)
• Expertise using Kafka as the backbone of an event driven system
• Familiarity with Kafka Streams or a similar technology
• Experience in using third party systems to act as a data/integration hub
• Some exposure to the online gambling industry, both casino and sports betting a plus
• Knowledge of data privacy and security concerns especially within a regulated industry
• AWS Cloud (S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda, Redshift)
• Apache Spark
• Data processing edge (Databricks, Alteryx, Apache AirFlow, SNS, SQS, EMR)
How we approach things:
• Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
• We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
• Working remotely but communicating regularly.
• Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
• An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
• A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
• Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
• Training on the job.
• Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
• Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.