Betting Jobs are working with a very-well established iGaming platform provider who have offices across Europe and the US. They are looking for a DBA (Postgresql) to join their technical team.
We are looking for a database specialist to help us grow and improve our systems. We are currently running a mix of Postgres on RDS and physical DCs. We are also looking to expand our system to many more services and more database instances.
- Looking after the production PostgreSQL databases
- Working in a DevOps environment and being actively involved in the software development process
- Working with us to improve and automate our testing, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Understanding how our processes work and how that translates into the data we have
- Working with business managers to extract required data/reports
- Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
- Being available to help fix things out of hours, as needs arise
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- At least 5 years’ experience administering PostgreSQL databases – installation, configuration, backups, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with AWS RDS
- Good knowledge of SQL performance tuning.
- Experience in migrating production databases while minimizing downtime
- Some experience in Linux server administration
- A proactive approach to improving databases as part of a DevOps culture
- The ability to turn business questions into well-performing database queries
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with PAAS environments such as AWS
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience using automated configuration/deployment tools such as Ansible or Docker
- Experience in system security at network, OS, and database level
What we offer:
- A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.