BettingJobs is working with an established global market leader seeking a Network Support Engineer, the role will be UK based and will be remote working although travel to Oxford will be required once a month on average.
• Primarily a good network-focused technical engineer, experienced with firewalls, switches, storage and virtualisation – mainly on Microsoft-based systems – Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, etc.
• Strong experience with DELL Sonicwall (NSA range) firewalls – or equivalent
• Strong experience with DELL Switches (S Series) – or equivalent
• Strong experience with Windows Server on VMWare ESX virtualisation
• Extensive experience and good knowledge of internet applications – DNS, CDN, IP etc.
• Good troubleshooting skills, must enjoy problem solving
• Attention to detail, strong finisher. No margin for carelessness or stupid mistakes.
• Will be on call roughly 30% of the time. We run a 24/7/365 operation, and all members of the team will take on-call shifts. This requires being the primary contact if there are any production emergencies during your watch. An on-call allowance is included as part of the package. As an indication, our current stats show us at about one production call every 2 weeks.