Manager / Senior Manager / Head of Payments & Fraud – US Gambling & Resorts Giant
One of the fastest-growing Sports Betting & Casino operators in the US market is expanding operations and are searching for a Manager / Senior Manager / Head of Fraud & Payments to lead this very important function within the business. Managing a team of 4 across 3 locations (2 based in the US and 1 in Europe), you will be an experienced head with a track record and running and developing a similar operation. The company is one of the largest Resorts in the US market and they operate very much at the high end of the market across everything they do. They are based in Las Vegas and ideally the successful candidate would be based there but being based in New Jersey or possibly remote somewhere else in the US could be a possibility.
• Provide leadership oversight for the team of Payment and Fraud Analysts located in Las Vegas, New Jersey and Malta.
• Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling, and assigning work, reviewing performance, and recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations
• Monitor the quality and KPIs of the team across all communication platforms: chat, phone, and email
• Serves as the first point of escalation for issues and inquiries within the payment and fraud team
• Follows up any payment-related issues proactively
• Handles and verifies Know Your Customer (KYC) documents including performing checks on customers and requesting the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing body and based on determined customer risk level.
• Assists the team with processing incoming and outgoing customer payments, in a timely and error-free manner.
• Partners with payment providers, financial institutions, regulatory bodies, and internal departments.
• Investigate suspicious alerts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up; escalate any suspicious behavior or transactions relating to AML procedures.
• Assists with determining fraudulent activity and acts according to procedures with regards to transaction acceptance, account blocking and further checks.
• Assists the Vice President Payments and Fraud with additional Fraud related tasks including reactively and proactively conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity and assists with identifying potential bonus hunters & fraud ring; Carefully monitors possible money laundering transactions and communicate suspicions by submitting appropriate Suspicious Activity Reports
• Suggest improvements to the fraud tool and procedures to the Vice President Payments and Fraud
• Assists with administration work, including dealing with customer correspondence, record keeping/case management, processing documents, and performing bank checks and other reconciliation tasks as needed
• Other job duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum two (2) years of previous experience within a similar role
• Knowledge of fraud prevention, KYC, and AML procedures and processes
• Previous experience with card brand disputes, responding to patron filed disputes
• Previous experience in the detection & prevention of fraud and risk analysis.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality or company information
• Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
• Knowledge and understanding of sports betting and casino space, particularly digital, is preferred
• Previous manager or supervisor experience preferred.