Director of Fraud & Payments – US market – US Gambling & Resorts Giant
One of the fastest-growing Sports Betting & Casino operators in the US market is expanding operations and are searching for a Director of Fraud & Payments to lead this very important function within the business. Managing a team of 4 across 3 locations (2 based in the US and 1 in Europe), you will be an experienced head with a track record and running and developing a similar operation. The company is one of the largest Resorts in the US market and they operate very much at the high end of the market across everything they do. They are based in Las Vegas and ideally the successful candidate would be based there but being based in New Jersey or possibly remote somewhere else in the US could be a possibility.
About the Role:
The Director of Payments & Fraud will analyze and interpret complicated transactions, prepare necessary reports for gaming regulators and law enforcement agencies, correspond with payment processors on transactions, work with Legal Department on resolutions to address problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. The ideal candidate for this role has an excellent understanding of compliance and customer care in a regulated environment. The ideal candidate has management experience to oversee a Payments & Fraud team.
• Independently determine fraudulent activity and act according to procedures with regards to transaction acceptance, account blocking and further checks.
• Reactively and proactively conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity.
• Investigate suspicious alerts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up; escalate any suspicious behavior or transactions relating to AML procedures.
• Monitor incoming & outgoing transactions.
• Identify potential bonus hunters & fraud rings.
• Handle and verify Know Your Customer (KYC) documents.
• Liaise with payment providers, financial institutions, regulatory bodies and internal departments.
• Carefully monitor possible money laundering transactions and communicate suspicions by submitting appropriate Suspicious Activity Reports.
• Perform checks on customers and request the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing body and based on determined customer risk level.
• Suggest improvements to the fraud tool and procedures.
• Process incoming and outgoing customer payments, in a timely and error-free manner.
• Follow up any payment-related issues proactively.
• Perform bank checks and other reconciliation tasks as needed.
• Undertake necessary administration work, including dealing with customer correspondence and record keeping/case management.
• Answer questions about risk, fraud and payments from within the Company.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum five (5) years of previous experience within a similar role.
• Knowledge of fraud prevention, KYC, and AML procedures and processes
• Knowledge and understanding of sports betting and casino space, particularly digital, is preferred
• Familiarity with card brand disputes, responding to patron filed disputes
• Specialization in the detection & prevention of fraud and risk analysis.
• Possess a can-do attitude and be a team player in a dynamic organization.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality or company information
• Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.