One of our clients offers a fully remote workplace in North America, with no physical office to report to and the tools you need to do your job provided at your home. We also boast one of the top vacation and holiday plans you'll find in the US or Canada, a best-in-class retirement plan, robust health care coverage, wellness benefits, and more.
The SEO News Specialist is responsible for managing on-page SEO, internal linking, URL formatting and ensuring our news content shows up in Google News for all sites across the company's site network.
Job duties and responsibilities:
● Google News Inclusion
● Ensure our pages are optimized for Google News indexing
● Review and implement the Google content guidelines for inclusion to make sure our sites are up to Google’s standards
● Submit portfolio of sites to Google News publisher for inclusion
● SERP and Competitor Analysis
● Analyze competitor strategy and SERPs and assist in the decision-making process of the news content strategy
● Create and manage key reports to track the success of the news strategy
● Work with SEO and content teams on developing an optimized content strategy, targeting Google News & Google Top Stories on key SERPs
● Schedule and execute an optimal betting news and promotion release schedule with writers to assure timely releases and quality content delivery
● Ensure News articles are optimized for proper keyword usage, keyword variation, header variation and internal anchor text variation
● Update and maintain the News SEO Process document outlining steps to optimize new pages, URL Structure and internal links best practices
● Handle publishing, optimizing and internal linking of News articles to exacting SEO standards
● Research and identify high value article ideas & keywords for News articles
● Two- or four-year college degree.
● At least two years of SEO / News Publishing experience
● Comfortable balancing shifting priorities while under deadline while maintaining an attention to detail.
● Key skills: Project management, research, data analysis.
● Requires strong familiarity with: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google News Publisher, keyword and link research tools (e.g., SEMRush, ahrefs, Screaming Frog) and WordPress.
● Travel is only required for periodic company meetings and gatherings.