The role will be to deliver the competitive gaming strategy through a team of highly motivated and engaged managers.
Based in Manchester
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery. You must be motivated by the challenge of managing a team of talented operational staff to successfully deliver and build a culture of continuous improvement, whilst having fun and celebrating success.
• Lead and drive the performance and engagement of a team of 7 managers and 170~ staff in a 24/7 operation.
• Communicate comprehensive plans and implement the competitive gaming goals.
• Ensure all activity within the site complies with the requirements of the Gambling Commission, the Company’s licence, and Health & Safety, protecting customers, colleagues, and the business.
• Responsible for the rigorous delivery of the competitive gaming business plan and tackle issues in the most effective way.
• Regularly monitor KPIs and data to ensure continuous improvement of site performance.
• Diligently manage all cost lines within the budget. Understand and implement what is required to deliver the ROI from all CAPEX spend.
• Have a good knowledge of esports, a curiosity about competitor activity and what is happening across the industry.
• Create a high performing team by ensuring people management activities such as recruitment, on-boarding, training & development, and performance management, are delivered and managed consistently and to a high standard.
• Take ownership for the operational delivery of the competitive gaming plan, focusing on engaging and developing colleagues and creating a robust succession plan.
• Provide in the moment feedback to colleagues, creating a high support, high challenge culture.
• Pro-actively address any issues that arise head on and be prepared to have difficult conversations as often as the need arises, with impact.
• Ensure all colleagues receive timely, relevant, meaningful communication with regular briefings with your management team.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience of working in a tough multi-site or large single site environment (betting/leisure/retail/hospitality preferred) within a Middle Management capacity.
• Experienced manager who has previously managed and led high-performing teams with a strong track record of improving colleague engagement.
• Strong implementer who can take appropriate action from a set of agreed plans, data, processes.
• Driven and enthusiastic with an ability to inspire and motivate others.
• A “can do”, solution focused outlook.
• A “plan, do, review” approach to work to deliver continuous improvement.
• Resilient - this is a fast paced, pressurised environment going through extensive change.
• Able to prioritise a large and varied workload effectively for optimum business impact.
• Able to build strong, effective working relationships and be an active team member.
• Authentic, clear communicator with the ability to deliver simple, impactful communications and importantly, not afraid to face into tough conversations and own the message.
• Ability to present ideas and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation formats. Comfortable using Microsoft Excel, Teams and Outlook.