BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Senior Modelling Manager for a world renowned Sportsbook. Working from their Hong Kong office, the Senior Modelling Manager will be responsible for the development of modelling and trading tools that will improve the efficiency and profitability of the trading operation with a specific focus on football.
The Senior Modelling Manager role would be well suited to an individual with excellent analytical skills and practical experience developing trading tools and models in a sportsbook environment. This is a senior role within the business and the Senior Modelling Manager will be responsible for management and development of a small team.
• Conduct cutting-edge research of football match data to understand the relevant factors in order to predict likelihood of match outcomes
• Builds supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement models on relevant data to produce accurate pricing algorithms along with analytics and risk management tools for football trading
• Provide strategic input to the development, implementation and delivery of product innovations
• Assist in the development of all model and statistical analysis for automated tools
• Ensure the team adheres to a streamlined, agile product development lifecycle, embracing automation at all times with standardized modular, reusable components
• Recommends opportunities for and assists with driving initiatives on improving products and efficiencies
• Ensure that the Team delivers solutions to Football Trading (and more widely if relevant) efficiently and with increased automation
• A degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines, MSc and above preferred
• At least 7 years experience in applying a variety of modelling, machine learning and AI techniques with demonstrable learnings and results
• Proficiency in various coding languages (C#/C++, R, SQL, VBA) with good knowledge of Python to deliver analysis and algorithms.
• Solid experience in relational databases (SQL Server), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Solid experience in object-oriented programming (C#, Java, C++), as well as other scripting languages (Python, Matlab, R, VBA)
• Recent experience in managing agile project life cycle through to delivery of working software, and managing a team
• A passion, enthusiasm and curiosity about modelling data to investigate and solve problems with a proven ability to use and draw insight from data meaningfully
• An interest and working knowledge of sports betting
• Self-motivated and strong drive to succeed