Seeking a German Speaking Compliance Officer for a full-time role in their Malta office, Saint Julian's for one of the No.1 Online Gambling sites in the world.
The primary function of the German-speaking Compliance Officer is to ensure compliance with the German regulations for the company. The role covers licence application and regulator feedback thereon, implementation and ongoing compliance to licence obligations, coordinating reporting requirements and handling internal and external queries on the jurisdiction. The chosen candidate will also be investigating and replying to complaints escalated to third-party dispute resolution bodies and be able to escalate gaps identified in procedures undertaken. The compliance officer will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance is maintained.
So what will you get up to day to day?
• Keep up with new regulatory requirements and follow up internally on their implementation
• Provide assistance when dealing with customers’ complaints raised internally
• Investigate and draft formal replies to third-party dispute resolution bodies
• Review procedures and ensure that they are up to date; propose and drive changes thereof where necessary
• Draft policies
• Assist with internal and external audits
• Prepare reports for management
• Collect data for reports collected by relevant authorities
• Review and prepare terms and conditions
• Prepare and deliver employee training on different regulatory issues and their company's policies and procedures;
• Participate in general company administration;
• Assist the head of compliance with the compilation of data and with recommendations for improvement to maintain compliance
What's your background?
• 2+ years previous experience in working in online gambling, ideally with experience in compliance
• Fluent knowledge of German - both written and verbal
• Excellent verbal and writing skills in both German and English.
• Great time-management skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective analytical skills which enable the chosen candidate to profile risks, benefits, and impacts on the business and on the licenses.