BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Sports Trader for a growing UK-based Sportsbook. As a Sports Trader, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of the Sportsbook product through Compiling Odds, Trading Events and controlling Risk.
This role will have a strong focus on North American sports and would be ideally suited to an individual with a passion for and strong understanding of Basketball, American Football and Ice Hockey.
• Create, manage and settle sports betting markets
• Ensure that all required content is available to bet on, both pre-match and in play
• Monitor customer activity and manage the market liabilities, ensuring our prices are consistent and in line with the market
• Maintenance and monitoring data feeds will also be a key part of your role, as will keeping a close eye on competitor’s prices to ensure we remain ahead of the competition
• Manage risk – observe market movement and react accordingly
• Strong sports betting knowledge
• Strong academic background, ideally degree educated in a numerical subject
• Excellent knowledge of US Sports ideally including Basketball, American Football and Ice Hockey
• Good overall sports knowledge with a strong awareness of the sporting calendar
• Highly numerate
The successful candidate must be flexible to work shifts in line with North American sporting events.