Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established Italian-facing iGaming company with offices in the UK and Malta. They are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their tech team that speak Italian preferably.
Senior Java Developer Job Responsibilities:
• Achieves organization goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support the Java back-end.
• Guide and mentor junior developers in developing code and workflow procedures and conduct code reviews. Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
• Achieves e-commerce information architecture operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models; completing validation tests.
• Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent) and at least 5 years of software development experience
• Java based UI development tool
• Understanding of performance in server and client environments
• Understanding of security in server and client environments
• Understand deployment processes
• Ability to perform in extremely dynamic environment with fast changing requirements
• Strong hands-on experience in building enterprise applications
• Work independently and with other engineers, architects, managers, system administrators, QC and Operations teams to design and develop strategic and tactical solutions that meet business requirements.
• Be always hands-on
• Understand ecommerce B2C domain
• Pro-active problem-solving skills and working with multiple teams
• Good programming practices with solid object-oriented development experience.
• Java frameworks (Spring Hibernate, Struts, JSF, ORMs like Hibernate);
• Database architecture, table structure and schemas on Microsoft platforms;
• Web Services using SOA and Axis;
• OOD and design patterns;
• Modern Web Application Architectures & Technologies
• Strong expertise in Web Services, REST services
• Strong design, development and architecture experience in Cloud Services, Micro Services, Web Services, and hand-on experience in SaaS enabled solutions
• Tomcat, Servlets, JSPs
• Developing enterprise applications using Java based technologies
• Expertise in Java as a programming language and JVM runtime
• Experience working with concurrent programming (multi-thread, -process, or -worker architectures)
• Ability to perform code reviews on peer development to ensure they follow best practices and proper style
• Architecting Apps using the following components:
o Apache Httpd server 2.4
o Tomcat 8+
o Relational DBMS (SQL Server)
o Previous experience with NO-SQL database or in-Memory cache
• Proven experience in scaling systems to high availability and throughput
• Good understanding of Big Data processing and architecture
• Experience in Messaging Integration platforms
- 5+ Years of enterprise application development experience
- Worked in the betting domain for at least 3 years or eCommerce for at least 5 years.
- Experience with the Italian regulation and the protocols published by Sogei (e.g., PSQF, PACG, PGDA etc.)
- Nice to have exposure to other jurisdictions (e.g., Malta, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Latam)
- Should have worked in Agile projects for at least 3 years
- Should have worked on projects on Java based technologies for at least 4 years
- Good knowledge of both Italian and English language