BettingJobs are working with a globally recognised operator who are live in over 50 markets internationally. They are searching for a Machine Learning Engineer to join their team, the role will ideally be based in Toronto, London and Stockholm however remote hires in North America or Europe can be considered for an ideal candidate. Apply today for a confidential discussion:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for developing algorithms that will be the basis of our mathematical models used to understand and automate the trading process of sports betting markets. The candidate MUST have a strong background in Machine Learning, Statistics, and Algorithm Development experience.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform industrial research by developing math models and algorithms to be used in automated trading applications in the sports betting domain.
• Evaluate state-of-the-art statistical modelling and Machine Learning approaches using large amounts of historical data
• Analyze, Visualize and Model large datasets using R and Python.
• Acquire, Clean, and Transform data using R and Python.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Statistics or equivalent degree or experience.
• MS or PHD in Computer Science, specializing in Machine Learning is desirable.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations.
• Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes.
Knowledge & Experience:
• 3+ years of relevant experience with statistical computing in R or Python.
• 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning algorithms and Probabilistic Modelling.
• Strong background in statistics, preferably Bayesian Statistics.
• Experience with SQL and SQL Server.
• Experience with modern R packages and technologies such as dplyr, tidyR, data.table, shinyR preferred.
• Experience with .NET Framework and C# is preferable.
• Experience with Bayesian Inference using Statistical Languages for MCMC such as Stan, JAGS, WinBugs is a big plus.
• Experience using cloud computing platforms such as EC2 (AWS)Domain experience in on-line gaming and entertainment industry, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, ForEx, etc), or other types of 2-sided markets is a plus.
• Experience with Neural Networks or Deep Learning on large problems is a plus.
• Experience with Hadoop, Map Reduce or High Performance Computing is a plus.