BettingJobs is working with a top-performing marketing company driven by a team of experts in lead generation for casino, sports betting and forex seeking a Full Stack PHP Developer.
We work with cross-functional empowered product teams and we are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to be responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. This is an incredibly exciting time to join and be a part of a rewarding and impactful journey while working on some of the biggest online slot & casino websites in the industry.
As a Full Stack PHP Developer, you should be comfortable in both the front-end and backend aspect of development, as you will be instrumental in building and shipping impactful product solutions to our users. You should also be a team player with a knack for the user experience and visual design.
The candidate we’re looking for will be able to understand and apply our core company values of trust, transparency, accountability and growth mindset. These values are at the heart of everything we do, are vital for all roles found throughout and applicants must show how they have applied at least some of these attributes in their previous employment.
Your Main Responsibilities
● Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality features utilising best engineering practices.
● Bring your expertise to the product and actively collaborate with the Product Manager, developers, QA engineers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure the best quality on production.
● Continuously coordinate with the Product Manager, Tech Lead and Delivery Manager to ensure that you are pragmatically assigning your focus to what really matters.
● Write simple, clean, and secure PHP code with a focus on minimising technical debt and complexity.
● Refactor, optimise, and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and reduce technical debt in general.
● Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation.
● Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved.
● Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and remediate complex technical issues.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
● Full understanding of the Agile methodology, and comfortable working in a high-paced environment and able to implement changes in a timely fashion.
● Passionate, motivated, and with a collaborative and growth mindset.
● Excellent written and verbal English and great communication skills.
● Excellent organisational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work well with minimal supervision.
● Knowledge of PHP language: able to write clean code following the best practice (Knowledge of SOLID principle would be great).
● Knowledge of PHP template engines such as Twig (preferred) or Blade.
● Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL.
● Good understanding and appreciation of UI/UX design.
● Demonstrates strong enthusiasm for quality, and knowledge of what it makes to ship high-quality code.
● Dedicated to the speed of delivery without compromising the quality.
● Knowledge of Git code repository.
● Basic knowledge of Docker is a plus.
● Experience on working on web frameworks such as Laravel.
● Able to optimise websites for high scores on Google Page Speed Insights and Google Lighthouse.
● Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
● Ability to work office hours for a CET time zoned company.