BettingJobs are looking for a talented and multi skilled IT Support Specialist to join a dynamic team of IT
The role is based in Durban, South Africa. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and lots of solid working
experience supporting various different technologies such as Windows Desktop and Server, Linux
Server, Network and Security and Virtualised Cloud based and onsite infrastructures. They should
reside in Durban, have their own reliable transport and be able to work remotely without
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure day to day monitoring and performance of infrastructure components including servers
(Windows and Linux), pc’s (Windows and Mac), network, storage and other infrastructure components
in a heterogeneous environment.
• Support the Google Suite and Office 365 environments.
• Setup and Support various different Firewalls.
• Support and manage Network and IT security across various different platforms and technologies.
• Establish and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
• Ensure optimal uptime of the IT infrastructure across various offices and geographic locations.
• Ensure proactive preventive maintenance of Data centre, servers, network components and other
• Plan and manage hardware replacement lifecycle.
• Manage and Support Windows Desktop and Server Infrastructure
• Manage and support all email services.
• Manage Switches, VoIP telephony and CCTV systems.
• Support Virtual and physical Infrastructure for Servers and Desktops.
• Manage and Support redundancy and Disaster Recovery systems.
• Ensure monitoring and management of generator systems, UPS and alternate power systems.
• Ensure procedure documents and training material is up to date.
• Implementing new hardware, infrastructure components and technologies.
• Compile monthly reports for the Head of IT.
• Execute Duties in accordance with ITIL framework guidelines
• Be available on standby for afterhours support when necessary.
• Effectively manage support calls on the IT Helpdesk by providing continual feedback, timeous resolution
to meet SLA’s and follow-up calls subsequent to closure.
• Make recommendations for improving processes.
• Training and assisting other members of the IT Team.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years in an IT support role with related hands on experience.
• Solid experience supporting Google suite and Office 365 environments.
• Solid Network, Server and Desktop Security experience.
• Solid Firewall experience.
• Solid Networking skills.
• Solid understanding and experience of cloud based email server setup and support e.g. Google Suite,
Office 365 environments.
• Strong experience in Virtualised environments. Eg. Microsoft Hyper-V, Proxmox etc
• Hardware and software troubleshooting process. Ability to critically analyse a symptom, diagnose a
fault, plan and take appropriate action on equipment including Servers, PCs, printers and networking.
• Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and desktop software.
• Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/s, FTP.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Deadline driven and able to work under pressure.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be setup to work from home without interruption.
• Degree or 3 year Diploma in Information Technology preferred.
• Internationally certified A+ and Network+/CCNA. Must have written and passed the
• Internationally certified Microsoft Desktop and Server qualifications. Must have written
and passed the International exams.
• Azure / VMWare Certifications advantageous